Then, I found a cool 10-piece “nesting” set, Magma Cookware, on Amazon. Even though we had a gas stove, I ordered the “Induction Safe” set because we also had two NuWave Portable Induction Cooktops (click on link for our review and to order!).
- one 9 1/2″ diameter fry pan
- one 5 quart stock pot
- one lid that fits the fry skillet and stock pot
- one 1 1/2 quart sauce pan
- one 2 quart sauce pan
- one 3 quart sauce pan
- one universal lid that fits all of the sauce pans
- two interchangeable removable handles that fits all of the sauce pans
- one bungee that wraps around the whole set when compact
About the MAGMA COOKWARE:
- Designed specifically for RV’s and boats
- 100% 18010 mirror polish marine grade stainless steel, encapsulated triple-clad bottoms for superb exven heat distribution.
- Secures conveniently for storage with the included bungee cord.
- Stores in less than a 1/2 cubic foot of space.
- Oven and dishwasher safe
- Total weight 13 pounds
It’s wonderfully compact when stored thus not taking up a lot of real estate in my galley storage drawer cabinet. The cookware pieces all stack inside of each other with removable handles which all fit nicely in a 12″x12″ section.
The stainless steel surface makes for better food taste.
Cleanup is easy. Sometimes, to get off the hardened on remnants, I will boil baking soda and vinegar to loosen the hardened on food.
No peeling cooking surfaces that give off toxic chemical aroma or fumes.
There are other products that coordinate with the cookware like a storage case and strainer.
The 10-piece set cost a little less than $200; a bit pricy for an RV or Boat set however, appreciating that I will be using these everyday because we are full-time, makes the price not so unfair.
I noticed when cooking on gas cooktops, I have to make sure the pans are centered over the fire or the handles will melt at the junction part.
The lid knob handles get hot thus, needing to use pot holders with the rubber grip. The lids knob handles are also small and may get hot; use pot holders. The stock pot handles get hot as well needing to facilitate use of pot holders.
All in all, I like the Magma Cookware. It meets our needs, is safe to cook in and easy to clean. I’d definitely recommend this to or as a gift for an RVer or Boater.